Belladonna Baggins (nee Took), also referred to as Bella, is a character in The Hobbit. She is Bilbo Baggins' mother and Bungo Baggins' wife, the eldest daughter and ninth child of Gerontius Took and Adamanta Chubb. She was portrayed by Sonia Forbes-Adam in The Hobbit while her portrait self was based off of Fran Walsh.
She onces confiscated his toy sword while playing with Gandalf. She apologized for Bilbo's behavior, but the wizard waves it off as he ruffles a young Bilbo Baggins' hair.
Bella's portrait is displayed in Bilbo's living room.
Belladonna is referenced by Gandalf, when he points out to Bilbo that he should be better than be "good morninged" by "Belladonna Took's son". She is later mentioned by Bilbo, who reprimands Kíli for wiping his boot on Bilbo's mother's old glorybox.
The Battle of the Five ArmiesEdit
Bilbo picks up his mother's portrait before hanging it back up, along with Bungo's portrait.
Lord of the Rings Edit
Her portrait was later seen in The Fellowship of the Ring.
- Bungo Baggins (husband)
- Bilbo Baggins (son)
- Gerontius Took (father)
- Adamanta Took, nee Chubb (mother)
- Isengrim Took (brother)
- Hildigard Took (brother)
- Isumbras Took (brother)
- Hildigrim Took (brother)
- Rosa Took, nee Baggins (sister-in-law)
- Adalgrim Took (nephew)
- Paladin Took (great-nepehw)
- Esmeralda Took (great-niece)
- Peregirn "Pippin" Took (great-great-nephew)
- Saradoc Brandybuck (great-great-nephew)
- Isembold Took (brother)
- Hildifons Took (brother)
- Isembard Took (brother)
- Hildibrand Took (brother)
- Donnamira Took (sister)
- Mirabella Took (sister)
- Isengar Took (brother)
- [[ Fortinbras Took I]] (grandfather)
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (flashback)
- The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (photograph)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (photograph)